Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: UConn Scrimmage
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
10-31-18 12:45 PM - Post#263909    
    In response to HGA

Disclosure on injuries to student athletes may be restricted by HIPAA and FERPA. There are colleges that will not release any information except the location of the injury (e.g., lower body injury). Professional athletes, on the other hand, may be deemed to have workplace related injuries which may provide for exceptions to HIPAA. I'm not an expert, but I do see that some colleges won't release such information unless the student signs a waiver.

Regardless, I think I've now read numerous times that Towns and Aiken are (and have always been) expected to be healthy for the upcoming season, so there is nothing to report. If they don't agree to release HIPAA protected information about the nature of the injury and medical and rehab details, then it seems the school's hands are tied.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.245 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:51 PM