Username Post: 2018-2019 Schedule
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-04-18 11:52 AM - Post#264187    
    In response to rbg

Thinking about that rotation....

The backcourt is solid: Matt is one of the best players in the league; McBride could break out if gets a bit more aggressive with his offense, at worst he is a fine pass-first PG; if healthy, Whiteside is a solid all-around player; Gordon can help if he is shooting well from outside; and Davis can give you a few minutes of good D a night. That's a workable rotation, if only because Morgan is special.

But that frontcourt is thin. Julian is a solid and efficient forward, but after that it gets dicey. Warren is probably best suited to be a rotation guy who spells the starter. As you said, Boeheim is probably better suited as a wing -- regardless he needs to shoot better than 44% from 2pt and 13% (!) from 3pt. Kuhn has some potential, but he struck me as more big shooting guard than true forward when I saw him last year. The team really needs one of the JUCO forwards (or Dickson, but my guess is that he is too raw to help this season) to step up the way Julian did last year.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.405 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:50 PM