Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: We're Scoring!!!
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
11-10-18 11:40 AM - Post#265115    
    In response to follower

Close but no cigar last night. It's tough to close out a good team, on the road, on their home floor. I don't know if we got to conservative on offense to early or if the Young guys sphincters tightened up.

Either way I was left impressed with our abilities up to the 5 minute mark. I agree with McLaughlin, if the Big Green keep working they will soon turn the corner and learn to close out those types of games. A loss is a loss is a loss. But if we can learn from this, only our second outing, we will be better for it. Dare I say this loss is more a player mental issue than a coaching issue. We went to the same player 3 times down the stretch and they just didn't finish. That can improve with time. We needed sustained intensity down the stretch in a game like yesterday's. That's a player maturity and experience issue.

Overall I'm pleased with the new offense. There is a bigger rotation utilizing more of our talent. I'm glad to see Foye coming into his own this year. Sistare's 3 ball is vastly improved. There's a lot to be optimistic about this year.

No one expected us to be leading Davidson going into the final minutes with the exception of the players and coaches, and that's who matter most. This wasn't Duke v Kentucky but there is a miscalculation of how good this team can be this year. If we can stay healthy we may have better than an puncher's chance to make the IVY LEAGUE tourney. We're Scoring!!!
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.853 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:26 PM