Username Post: Marist
AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Loc: New York City
Reg: 07-23-18
11-11-18 07:36 PM - Post#265242    
    In response to rbg

rbg:
As per usual, you offer a lot of unbiased, unvarnished factual information. But I'd like for you, KP, CC66, Palestra38 and all of the other analytics affectionados out here to give this Marist team some real credit, too. By the time Columbia arrived in Poughkeepsie yesterday, Marist had already played its first game- last Tuesday night, against the tough Cadets at West Point. It doesn't matter that Bobby Knight's not their coach; nor that Mike Krzyzewski doesn't play for them anymore- Army teams always have tough-minded kids on the floor and on their bench; in fact, just this afternoon, West Point played Duke to basically a first half standstill in Durham. That Marist v. Army game last Tuesday was decided by a West Point made 3 at the buzzer; and if I were to ask which was the more prepared team last night - the home team, having been just been pushed to the max by West Point or the visitors team, playing their first game, while having to incorporate 4 new starters into a lineup that won barely a third of its games last season - you'd come up with the same answer as I did. And while you deride Columbia for allowing Marist to shoot 58% inside the arc and for losing the rebounding battle to West Point by 7, please note that these same Marist kids shot 65% from inside the arc at Army , and also outrebounded the Cadets by 8. Bottom line, for me: the Red Foxes ain't too shabby- analytics or no analtics!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.271 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:16 AM