Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Marist
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-11-18 09:08 PM - Post#265251    
    In response to AntiUngvar

Thanks, AntiUngvar, for your thoughtful post.

I completely agree with you that Marist is playing better than their objective ranking. I guess I was really focused on the three pointers, watching last night's game. With so many open looks, they could have certainly made more than the 12 they actually hit. In the game against Army, however, they were only 2 of 15.

Even with a solid player like Tape and a potential star in Nweke, the Lions are probably too thin in the front court to outrebound opponents or shut down the two point shooting on a consistent basis. Even with a couple of inexperienced starters, they need to improve their three point defense if they want to get into the league's top four. I had hoped that Marist would have been a team for the Lions to get some good outside stops and gain some confidence heading into next weekend's tournament.

In the end, I was just surprised that almost all of last night's comments were focused on the team's offense and the defense did not seem to be addressed.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.824 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:44 PM