Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Northeastern
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
11-12-18 11:15 AM - Post#265287    
    In response to rbg

Without Bryce and Seth, some observations and results are obviously skewed and hopefully temporary. Last year, I found myself anxious when Chris Lewis was on the bench, essentially hoping that there wouldn't be too much damage on the scoreboard until his return. This year is no different.

MIT: Chris plays 15 minutes (foul trouble)
with Chris: Harvard 27 - MIT 18
without: 48-51

Northeastern: Chris plays 30 minutes
with Chris: Harvard 57 - NE 54
without: 14-27

Totals:
with Chris: +12
without Chris: -14

Other relevant stats:
- Chris has 5 of the team's 9 blocked shots
- Chris is shooting 80% (16-20), the rest of the squad 44%
- Chris has made 16 FGs (45 mins), the rest of the squad only 19 FG's (355 mins).

In the absence of Seth Towns, Danilo Djuricic has often played alongside Chris at PF. Otherwise, the second tandem has consisted mostly of Henry Welsh and Robert Baker. Hopefully, once Seth returns, Danilo will be able to help the second unit.

When it comes to recruiting, I have been disappointed at the lack of another top big man. Despite the need for another skilled big, the only freshmen seeing time thus far are guards Kirkwood and Freedman. Next year's incoming class is likewise weighted with guards. I'm not knocking the bigs on the bench such as Mason Forbes, Kale Catchings and Weisner Perez, but it seems that they are entrenched behind Welsh and Baker.

Hopefully, when Seth returns, the size and athleticism of Danilo and Kirkwood can team up with Henry/Robert to ameliorate this problem - although I expect I'll still be anxious.

On another point, noticing that the freshmen guards have been taking minutes from Corey Johnson thus far.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 11-12-18 11:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:32 AM