American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Ouch
BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
12-31-06 01:32 PM - Post#26595    
    In response to VictoryGallop

Well, I was at the game yesterday, and it was a dominating performance. We built the lead early and never let it slip away. The best part about the game was we didn't rely on the 3. I think it took until we had about 30 points to knock down a three. Defensively, we looked sharp. With the exception of one or two lapses (letting a big man wide open under the basket), UNI got very few open shots. Mastropaolo looked great on D. Had a nice block or two, took a hard charge, and generally shut down their tall, lanky big man.

While it was inferior competition, it was still a huge win. They clearly put the Central Arkansas lost behind them and got back on track going into league play. In my mind, if we want the top seed in the league, Navy and American at home are must wins, so hopefully this will get us off on the right foot.

Also, it felt like the game was in Sojka. Despite the loss on Friday, the entire bleachers running one whole sideline was packed with orange. Marist must've been disappointed to see 300-400 fans head for the exits before their game. There were probably as many BU fans there as Marist was going to have for the nightcap.

I have a feeling Marist wanted to play BU. I wouldn't be surprised to see BU sign a home and home with them next year...Especially after they see what sort of ticket sales our fans can give them
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.162 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:43 PM