Username Post: vs. Fordham at RoseHill in The Bronx, Nov.18
PeteD 
Masters Student
PeteD
Loc: California
Reg: 03-13-07
11-20-18 01:33 AM - Post#266569    
    In response to internetter

I'm not willing to pin this on Engels. In fact, I think it was a good decision to not call timeout there and allow Fordham to substitute and get their defense set.

I saw the game live online and watched the replay of the final 10 sec about a half dozen times. I saw several mistakes made by the players in the final moments:

- Killingsworth could have made a better effort to get the ball into Smith's hands, but can't fault him too much for finding a wide open Adlesh.
- Once Adlesh had it, he's gotta hold onto it and force Fordham to foul. If he ran into trouble with a trap, he had the option of calling a timeout.
- The recipient of the errant pass (Stefanini) made a cut directly towards the Fordham basket.
- After Fordham gained possession, Smith stood on the opposite side of the floor guarding... no one. Tape had to guard two players in the final few seconds.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.425 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:23 PM