Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Monmouth
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
11-24-18 06:20 PM - Post#266899    
    In response to TigerFan

That was a nice blowtorch job by Cannady, melting the rim down the stretch. Did not want to account for Monmouth's first win of the season.

Except for two ill-chosen drives late in the second half, I loved Morales's game tonight. He set a tone for steals and deflections and drawing charges and provided what little action the Tigers had in moving the Monmouth defense during long stretches of offensive doldrums. Aririguzoh played good defense, Johns showed some activity, Stephens made a defensive impact and even took an open three when he was left alone.

Once again, getting some ball pressure and harassing the other team allowed the Tigers to look OK on defense. They committed too many fouls, even though I thought the officiating was somewhat one-sided in favor of the Hawks.

Please let's have some offensive structure of some kind. Set some off-ball screens for Cannady to catch and shoot at least. Dribble in a little bit and then zip the ball crosscourt when the help side moves toward the lane. Run some Cannady-Stephens ball screens. Rudimentary stuff. (I guess it's too much to expect backdoor action or high-post play this year.)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.733 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:17 AM