Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Congrats to Princeton Football
AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Loc: New York City
Reg: 07-23-18
11-24-18 10:04 PM - Post#266929    
    In response to Tiger69

Thank you, sir; but while there are a few remaining air molecules in this subject that I can inhale, may I add the fact that what else makes football different is it's a fall sport; so a kid at Princeton's committed, as it stands now, to what's basically a full time job from the end of July till Thanksgiving. Playing a winter or spring sport allows some time to get one's academic ducks in order prior to the sporting commitment. For too many of out Ivy brethren, kids like John Lovett are at Princeton to entertain them, pure and simple! Call me all the names you like; call me an invader
(ironically, a term that our dear President and Wharton grad has popularized of late), even when in actuality you're the one invading the Princeton page heaping insults at a Princeton alum- whatever you do or say, I'll never see the need for the ancient 8 to allow freshmen to compete at the varsity NCAA level- when there are so many other priorities in the life of an eighteen year old that need to be addressed. Just a week ago, freshman Columbia engineering student, Mike Roussos, created quite a stir, when as a kick returner for the football team, he ran back two kicks for 90 years scoring forays- the final one, in the last minute of the game, sealing Columbia's win over Cornell. While this provided a real feel good moment for the fan base of a school that hasn't' had its fair share of these moments, I've been wondering how good is it for this Roussos kid to begin a tough engineering curriculum while serving an important and laborious role for the foot ball team- staring down the Cornell special team defense keying on him may be tough; but going up against the Asian juggernaut that defines Columbia's School of Engineering and Applied Sciences presents a higher order challenge for Roussos during the next month; let's hope he's up to it.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.249 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:40 AM