Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Has Brodeur Improved?
pennsive 
Junior

Reg: 11-21-04
11-30-18 04:27 PM - Post#267671    
    In response to Streamers

I agree that we should already be counting our lucky stars that AJ and others play their hearts out for Penn and that Steve has made this a very enjoyable team to watch. Basketball players, and every other student at Penn, have a lot to juggle outside of the special activity in which they already in the top .2 percent of the student body. Beside practices, weight training, and team travel, not to mention course loads, social life, and whatever else they may be doing at Penn, there can't be too much time left over. Sometimes we all forget what we had to forgo just to keep pace academically and socially when we were undergraduates at Penn. Anecdotally, when I was at Penn, I was friendly with one of our best players who wasn't playing because he had injured his right arm or right hand. We were talking, and I suggested that he use his down time to work on shooting with his left hand (because if I had his talent, I think, in theory, that I would want to do that-forgetting about the fact that I had quit two sports myself to focus on my studies). He chuckled and looked at me as though I had two heads. The obvious point is that we should all be grateful for what AJ and his teammates already do and not have expectations for them that we never met ourselves.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.949 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:38 PM