Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
12-03-18 08:17 AM - Post#267846    
    In response to SRP

• SRP Said:

I don't think Morales is getting the love he deserves

I am very happy that Princeton is playing multiple zones and matchup zones to complement the man-to-man. It seemed to throw GW off

I agree Morales is doing a fine job as backup except....he won't shoot the 3. No one on the team will shoot the 3 except DC3. And I understand why, after all the early season bricks. But GW showed you can put your best defender on Cannady and keep him from dominating the game.

The final score does not show how close the game actually was. GW got within 3, then went down 10 quickly. They were dominating the paint when Aririguzoh rested. But at that point they panicked. The GW coach has very little experience. He was assistant and took over after Lonergan was fired three years ago. Also, GW was missing two starters, including I believe, their point guard.

So I think better teams will let Cannady take his shots, and even mediocre teams will be able to hang close by dogging him.

The matchup zone looks good on the ball, but the weak side is wide open. GW just can't shoot.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.191 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:37 AM