Username Post: Del.
AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Loc: New York City
Reg: 07-23-18
12-03-18 10:40 PM - Post#267919    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

P6:
My respect for you is immense; but can you define your "good feelings" about Blakeney "from afar", given the recruiting improprieties he was found guilty of, while at Harvard a decade ago? (https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/7/5/blak eney-league-recruiting-iv y/)
You allude to Blakeney's definitive player pedigree; and though he's bounced around as an assistant coach at a number of Division-1 schools, he's never been a head coach of any college program. Interesting, too, Mike Krzyzewski, who probably knows more about Blakeney than Blakeney, himself, has never brought him into the coaching fraternity at Duke- not even as the lowliest of Duke's bench personnel- interesting, I think! Blakeney's more than questionable; and he was just hired by a desperate man even more questionable than he.
As far as Maka Ellis is concerned, there's still no information having been presented to the public through the CU Basketball Office or Spectator claiming that the kid's injured. I know his father's active on Twitter in a manner that may be vexing to Engles. I also know that Engles has made it known to the kids and their families that he has concerns about Twitter. I ALSO know that he benched Jaron Faulds for the entire Cornell game played in Ithaca last January (in effect tanking at Cornell) because he didn't approve of some of the Twitter postings that Fauld's dad had placed. Understand that I'm not making any of the above statements gleefully; however, I do believe that people with sincere concerns about the program are deserving of some honest answers from those at the helm about the direction we're headed in.

Edited by AntiUngvar on 12-03-18 10:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.65 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:34 AM