Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Villanova
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
12-12-18 01:48 PM - Post#268857    
    In response to mrjames

• mrjames Said:
Penn back at +0.2 Wins Against Bubble. For all the talk about 2-bid Ivy, Penn now has the 46th-best resume in the country...

Would a team at 46 make it to the tourney? I figure after conference champs are taken out, that would have a chance for an at-large...

Would Penn/Harvard/Yale be in the running after losing 2-3 Ivy games? I figure the 2nd place team will lose at least that many, and a team with that record could no longer have the 46th best resume.

mrjames, your vision of an at large bid for the Ivies is starting to take shape. In particular, next year's league could be interesting. Only now can I appreciate what that would do for league visibility and recruiting. I can picture the sportscasters talking about the "new" Ivy League athletes during broadcasts and more student athletes seeing the merit of Ivy. You were far ahead of me in seeing that. I was just focused on Penn not being terrible.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.194 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:13 PM