Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale beats MIami!
LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
12-14-18 07:49 AM - Post#269097    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
Penn has officially joined the party! Big win.

Best win yet for an Ivy team?

Doubt Miami will continue the tradition of scheduling within our league.

Well, if Penn officially joined the party by clobbering Miami by 14 (compared to Yale's 4 point squeaker), how about now that the Quakers convincingly defeated defending national champions Villanova? After jumping out to a 14-2 lead, Penn fell behind after a 15-0 'Nova run and then responded with a 12-2 of its own. Penn led the rest of the way while expanding its lead to 10 late in the second half. Don't let the 3 pt. final margin fool you (due to some bizarre last second drama). Penn shredded Villanova's defense with its ball movement and dominated the boards.

Not only have the Quakers joined the party; they are the Belles of the Ball.

ps - I don't mean to downplay Yale's comeback from a 10 pt. halftime deficit, but I don't see them, Harvard, or anyone else as prohibitive favorites. If it weren't for the fact that this year's tournament is at Payne Whitney, I would put them a notch behind Penn due to the difference in coaching.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.169 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:06 PM