Username Post: Iona
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-16-18 08:52 AM - Post#269204    
    In response to SRP

I have not been able to follow Princeton hoops closely for the past year and have mostly seen highlights on the PU athletics website.

One obvious comment is that Llewelyn’s bursting on the scene and Aririguzoh’s development now give the Tigers 4 starters who can play at an elite level. The clips I have seen of Morales are impressive but it is not clear to me that such a small lineup can beat the better teams in the Ivies. But between him and Llewelyn against Iona Princeton seemed to get ball movement that has been lacking since Spencer Weisz ran the team.

I tend to agree Duke will be a very difficult game given lack of depth and size. If Princeton can somehow limit offensive rebounds and turnovers and keep Aririguzoh on the court for 30 minutes they might keep it respectable.

For Princeton to become a threat in league play the Tigers will need to find the defensive intensity that was embodied by Steve Cook during the amazing title team run. That and 2-3 of their touted frosh/sophs need to step up so that the starters don’t have to play 37 minutes every game.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.792 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:18 AM