Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Pennsylvania Redux
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
01-14-19 09:53 AM - Post#272523    
    In response to Coloradotiger

https://www.trentonian.com/sports/princeton-men- s-...

- Princeton (9-5, 2-0) got a fourth straight victory despite a 2-for-19 start from the field and a nine-point deficit just past the midway point of the first half. The Tigers made up for their tough shooting by out-rebounding the Quakers, 55-34, and grabbing 16 offensive boards. They also played steady defense themselves, holding the hosts to 32.8 percent from the floor.

“We had to come up with those boards,” said Aririguzoh, who finished with nine rebounds to go with his 17 points. “For me personally, I know we could’ve done that better last game. I have to work these guys a little bit better, play a little bit harder, especially when shots aren’t falling in the first half.”

Aririguzoh showed once again why he’s become one of the Tigers’ most indispensable players. The 6-9 junior center out of Trenton Catholic Academy converted one of the game’s biggest buckets when coach Mitch Henderson drew up a play for him to attack Penn big man AJ Brodeur out of a timeout.

Aririguzoh converted to give Princeton a 56-50 advantage with 1:22 remaining.

“With six and a half minutes left, the game was in the balance and we had a little bit of a lead, but it wasn’t comfortable at all and he had his fourth foul,” Henderson said. “We didn’t have him in the game and he was sort of inching his way toward the scorers’ table and I wouldn’t put him in. Then we put him in and he immediately gets that call and it’s like pop, pop, pop … wham. I thought that was a huge part of the game.” -

- Myles Stephens scored 10 of his 13 points in the second half, all of which came during a six-minute stretch when he netted 10 straight Tiger points. His layup with 4:28 remaining capped an 8-0 spurt gave Princeton a seven-point lead.

“He understands the success that he’s had in the past in the Ivy League and guys are going to have a hard time guarding him, but his focus and willingness to do things he didn’t in the past for the team has made leaps and bounds for our program,” Cannady said. “He had a double-double and is playing fantastic. He was at the free throw line, and I was like, ‘Myles, just like freshmen year when we played in overtime against them.’” -

- Henderson's not worried about freshman point guard Jaelin Llewellyn despite his recent shooting slump. Llewellyn was 1-for-9 from the field and is now 12-for-66 (18.1 percent) in his last five games. "All that matters is your team is winning and you (took) that charge," Henderson said. "He went up in the air and contested the ball really nicely, he made a couple free throws. He’ll keep working at it." -

http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/article/2019/01/m...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.158 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:40 AM