Username Post: Nate Sestina
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
01-19-19 06:28 PM - Post#273075    
    In response to river rat

• river rat Said:
So is there any update on whether Nate Sestina will come back to Bucknell for a 5th year?

If not, he definitely get some interest as a 5th year player at a mid-major, possibly even a big 5 school needing to shore up front court depth.

On a related topic, the new permissive redshirt rules might put the Patriot league in a strange position of having many players graduate with a 5th year of eligibility left but having to go to a new school for that 5th year.

I assume the PL does not allow it's member schools to accept 5th year players transfers?

1. Sestina theoretically cannot return because there is no scholarship available for next year. If he had considered coming back, I assume they would have held one back for him. With the Bucknell administration being very unhelpful when it comes to injury redshirts, I am not sure he could have come back.

2. There will be many chances for him in P5 conferences. Many of these schools have a scholarship open up in the spring and would be thrilled to get a player of his ability. Transfers from Lehigh and Lafayette, for example, have ended up at Georgia Tech and Pitt in recent years as scholarship players. Neither was nearly as good as Sestina.

3. I don't think there will be many cases where you will see 5th year transfers in the PL. Except for Bucknell, the other schools welcome their own 5th year players back with open arms - either as grad students or by picking up a second major.

4. Yes, the Patriot League does not allow graduate transfers in normal cases.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:40 AM