Username Post: Columbia
Tiger81 
Sophomore
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-24-19 08:03 AM - Post#277789    
    In response to Tiger69

Really nice win last night, most complete game I have seen so far this year despite the absence of Cannady. Tigers are somehow 4-0 without Devin all against the Cs.

Defense was active and outstanding last night, the ball moved well on offense and the treys finally started to drop, most of which were in-rhythm. I have loved Schweiger’s game since he was a freshman but he has risen to a new level with his confidence and integration into the team’s flow. Completely agree that this weekend Aririguzoh did not force his shots and that over-playing him opened up many other scoring opportunities. I was surprised that they did not even try to feed him that much but their strategy certainly worked.

The Tigers control their destiny but were 1-3 against their remaining opponents and each of these games will be battles. Notwithstanding Noah Savage’s enthusiasm about the Ivy tourney, I still lament the demise of the old format because it means Princeton can probably split its final contests and still nab a spot in Ivy Madness, which somehow devalues these games in my mind.

But let’s see what happens. If Schweiger, Johns and Wright continue to perform at last night’s level and Stephens, Desrosiers, Llewellyn and Aririguzoh maintain their level of play they will be in every game. I think Sebastian Much could be a difference-maker; if he plays productive minutes and hits open shots that will make this a much deeper and harder-to-defend team.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.107 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:46 PM