Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: So close
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
03-02-19 12:25 PM - Post#278832    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:

Is it just me, or does McLaughlin seem to be having a harder time winning close games than Cormier did?

Granted, McLaughlin has yet to have a year where the seniors are carrying the team...

“It may not seem like much, but this team is a fun team to coach, they play hard, they play together, and they deserve more wins. I need to do a better job late in the game with them. But I know that this team will be ready to go again tomorrow."

I can appreciate the accountability in this statement. This is what we needed to hear. This is how we’ll get over the hump. Our guys play hard regardless. How leaders get buy in is taking ownership. You have to earn the confidence of everyone from the starters to the bench guys. I’ve always believed if you want to know how good a coach you are ask the last guy on the bench who never plays. If that guy will run through a wall for you, your doing it right. Go Big Green Beat Penn.
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.251 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:17 PM