Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale UG Sports Analytics Group Playoff Odds - Women
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-02-19 05:00 PM - Post#278890    
    In response to JDP

The Dartmouth loss was not a surprise, as was the Columbia win. The Cornell win/Yale loss was definitely a surprise.

Cornell and Columbia still need to pick up a game on Yale and/or Dartmouth over the next 3 games. With head-to-head games against Dartmouth, there certainly is the opportunity.

Over the last 3 games, Yale has to visit Columbia tonight and then host Penn & Princeton. With the way Yale is playing, it's hard to see them favored in any of these games. However, they certainly could win at Columbia and they may have a chance against Penn, which may have to play without Ashley Russell, who was injured late in last night's game.

Dartmouth will also play Penn without Russell, but have to do it on the road. They have already won against Columbia and Cornell on the road, but they will be without Cy Lippold the rest of the way. With Lippold, I would think they would be favored to go at least 2-1, but it does get a little more cloudy without her playing.

I think Cornell will be favored at home to Brown tonight, but will be a big underdog at Harvard and a small underdog at Dartmouth. Columbia has a toss-up tonight with Yale and will have the same chances as Cornell next weekend.

From what I can see, if Cornell cannot beat Harvard, then it needs to be in any 6-8 tie (2, 3 or 4-way) that has Yale since they swept that series.

If Columbia cannot beat Harvard next Saturday, then they will have to beat Yale tonight to have a chance to get to 6-8.

Dartmouth cannot finish in a tie with Yale, since they have a win against Princeton or Columbia since they have a win against Harvard. If they want to overtake Columbia in a tie, then Dartmouth will need to beat Penn tonight.

Not sure who has the easiest path at this time, but if I had to choose I think I would have to say Dartmouth.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:36 AM