Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn II
mobrien 
Masters Student

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
03-04-19 11:38 AM - Post#279254    
    In response to palestra38

Harvard has lost two Ivy Player of the Year-caliber players in Towns and Aiken the last two years. Yale lost one in Mason last year. Absent those injuries, you guys probably would have been a nice third place team then. Instead, pretty much everything went your way, including getting unearned home court advantage.

Let me put it this way: if AJ had missed most of last year, Betley got hurt in the Ivy League final being hosted in Cambridge, and we'd only beaten you by 3 points, I wouldn't think my program was "back". I would think we'd gotten lucky. Which is what we're seeing this year. A team with one very good player coming back down to Earth because the rest of the roster just isn't that good.

Also, I think the statute of limitations on bragging about beating a wildly inconsistent Villanova team is coming up. Especially when Penn hasn't beaten *any* of the top three teams in the Ivies. Seriously, when was your last good win? December?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.206 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:29 PM