Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The Finale vs Cornell
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-10-19 12:51 PM - Post#280426    
    In response to flinder

I agree with most of this. Samuels may ended up being a fine player for us. But he wasn't the Rookie of the Year candidate that some were hoping he'd be.

Knight seemed to get less effective as the season progressed. Whether that was a result of frustration, the loss of Jackson, teams knowing how to play him the second time around, or a combination thereof, I don't know. I thought for a while he was a lock for at least second-team All Ivy. Now I think he'll probably get third-team.

As is the case when you have a disappointing season, McLaughlin can at least legitimately point to the future with optimism. Assuming everyone returns, one can only assume that they will be better. Win a few close ones early, and then the team builds confidence instead of snowballing the way it did this season.

As for benchmarks, I'm not going to say that it's tourney or bust. But expectations will indeed be higher. Another last place finish, and McLaughlin will be in serious trouble.

And I personally want to pull the plug on Koclanes. I just don't think she's the person who is going to lead DWD back to glory. I think that Wielgus could have easily done what Koclanes has done....
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.175 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:42 PM