PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-11-19 12:22 PM - Post#280626    
    In response to ivyrules

• ivyrules Said:

Mitola
Cormier
Boudreaux

No question that the losses of Mitola and Boudreaux were devastating and doomed the following season (in EB's case, two seasons) before they began. Those guys definitely would have helped us win more games.

I think most agree that if we had Cormier, we would have pulled out a few close games as wins. He's seen it all, and was widely-regarded as the best Xs and Os guys in the league. Stealing the 2015 Yale finale with 2 seconds left is the stuff of legend...

That being said, my impression is that McLaughlin has brought in (and is continuing to bring in) better players. I don't have anything to back it up. But recruiting just seems stronger under McLaughlin than Cormier. It hasn't translated into wins... at least not yet.

I was sorry to see Cormier go. My recollection was that Sheehy thought that Cormier had a ceiling and that we would never be a consistent upper-division team under his watch. Personally, I think the same can be said for Koclanes. The same may or may not be true for McLaughlin, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt given that the team is so young.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.543 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:19 AM