Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The Finale vs Cornell
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
03-11-19 01:54 PM - Post#280642    
    In response to ivyrules

• ivyrules Said:
Only 2 of their 9 D1 wins came vs league opponents, and the other 7 were against teams at the bottom 25% of division 1

I was happy to get the noncon wins as a fan I buy into the hype, although I discounted the D3 wins. I did recognize the fact that the SOS was really low. But the wins helped with morale...that is until conference started.

I'd be interested to hear something I'd anything from the AD and the coach on the status and expectations of the program. It's hard to get to invested because at the end of the day these kids are getting an IVY education. I think you can have basketball aspirations and get the degree, but again the will to win had to start from the top. I think McLaughlin is there until he doesn't want to be. Unless he gets pushed out by the players i.e. losses the locker room. So, I doubt there is any true pressure to produce like at a top 100 program. It's evident that the league is on the upswing and Dartmouth is still operating as it historically had.
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.292 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:05 AM