Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Coach Sydney Johnson
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-11-19 02:12 PM - Post#280645    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Sydney Johnson has been let go by Fairfield.

https://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Fairfi eld-fi...

- The Stags were 9-22 this season, losing to Manhattan in the first round of the MAAC tournament last week. Johnson was 116-147 in eight seasons at Fairfield, yet earned a contract extension after leading the Stags to the MAAC championship game a year ago. -

- “I want to thank Coach Johnson for his commitment to Fairfield. He has led our program with integrity, served as a great mentor to our student-athletes and been a valued member of the University community,” athletic director Paul Schlickmann said in a statement. “We wish him and his family the very best in the next phase of their journey.”

Johnson arrived in 2011 after leading his alma mater Princeton to 47 wins over two seasons and a 66-53 records in four seasons. His 2010-11 team qualified for the NCAA Tournament.

Johnson replaced Ed Cooley, who left Fairfield for Providence. Cooley was 92-69 in four years at Fairfield.

“I can't thank Fairfield University, Mark Nemec and Paul Schlickmann enough for the opportunity I was given to lead the men's basketball program for the past two seasons,” Johnson said. “My family and I will always be indebted to the Stag Nation for the memories over the years. I wish our student-athletes, alumni and fans all the best moving forward.”

Johnson was 68-84 in the MAAC, twice reaching the conference tournament final (2012, 2018). -
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.318 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:52 PM