Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: All League Honors
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
03-13-19 12:04 PM - Post#281012    
    In response to 10Q

It's like the decision to rotate the tournament to all the schools. It is an attempt to balance "fairness" with competitiveness and provide some form of meaning to the regular season. As we can see, while the real angst moved from the battle for 1st place to the battle for 4th, there was real interest in the League from most of its schools right to the end. So in that regard, it's not like most of the mid-major conferences in which all the schools make it to the tournament, which often is held in a non-league venue far from many of the schools. Thus there is less interest in the regular season and almost none in the tournament. I think I would prefer that we give the tournament to the 1st place finisher, something we probably could do once Princeton goes to the new calendar and it will be possible to start league play earlier. But overall, it hasn't worked out badly so far....and I am one who still thinks the 14 game tournament was good.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.472 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:30 AM