Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale III
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-18-19 09:44 AM - Post#281888    
    In response to mobrien

• mobrien Said:
Final point: it's really dumb that, for the second year in a row, we've had to play the two seed on their court in the final. We should either get a neutral court or just have the one seed host it. The only issue there is that a very small difference — the best-win tiebreaker — might determine a big thing in who gets home-court advantage, but that's nowhere near as bad as the second seed getting it.

Harvard, especially Aiken and Kirkwood, deserve congratulations as to their performance this weekend as well as their performance during the entire IL regular season. Aiken should have received IL POY.

It was fitting that the two best teams, 10-4 records, played in the finale. Without Towns, I do believe that Yale is the slightly better team and will do a good job in representing the IL.

It is indeed unfortunate that Harvard has played two road games over the past two years for the NCAA bid with one of the losses within the homecourt advantage of 3 points. The only good news for the Crimson is that they will have homecourt advantage next year.

The graduating seniors at Harvard will not have the opportunity to experience the NCAA Tournament. I have empathy for them although I have no empathy for Harvard's AD and Amaker as they advocated for IvyMadness as well as site selection. Same thought would have applied to Mitch Henderson if the Tigers lost on the road back in their undefeated season. As to the Harvard fans, if any, that supported IvyMadness sometimes, you reap what you sow. I realize that some proponents of IvyMadness have also advocated for a neutral site but once you open the trap door of IvyMadness, you may get unanticipated consequences. It is hard to believe that Yale would get homecourt this year and Harvard next year when on paper, these two teams would have a significant advantage with homecourt but IvyMadness continues on. At least the four most deserving teams played in the finals both last year and this year.

Harvard should be very good next year and hopefully, they will clinch a NCAA bid without the crapshoot of IvyMadness. It would be a shame if Aiken, Towns and Lewis do not have the opportunity to play at least one time at the Big Dance.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.154 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:51 PM