Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2020 Outlook
mobrien 
Masters Student

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
03-25-19 12:19 AM - Post#282650    

As long as everyone can stay healthy, we're going to have a deep, talented, and experienced roster. There are going to be a lot of talented guys who are going to struggle to get minutes.

I'd imagine the starting lineup next year would be:

1. Aiken
2. Bassey
3. Kirkwood
4. Towns
5. Lewis

Based on what I've read about Ledlum, I'd be surprised if he isn't one of the first guys off the bench. It's possible that by the end of the year he could even supplant Bassey in our closing five.

Aside from him, I think it's hard to say who will emerge as Tommy's top reserves (or for how long they will). Juzang will probably start the year as our top backup at guard, but Haskett could push him for minutes there.

Djuricic and Baker will probably compete for the stretch big role off the bench, partly depending on whether we need Djuricic's better offense or Baker's defense on any given night. Forbes will have to bulk up at least a little, and work on his offense to get consistent minutes.

Catchings provides a lot of versatility. He'll most likely be Bassey's backup, but he's shown that he has the strength and athleticism to play as a smallball "big" for us if necessary. His energy and effort on defense figure to earn him some minutes somewhere.

It will be interesting to see who we schedule in the nonconference. We'll have an early season tournament, and should have at least a game or two against power conference teams, but this would be the year — I hope — to do a lot more than even that.

The three biggest questions for me are:

1. Will Towns be himself, and will he and Aiken be able to mesh well on offense?
2. Can we get the turnovers under control, at least sub 20 percent?
3. Can everyone stay healthy?

If the the answer to all these questions are yes, this has a very good chance to be the best Harvard team Amaker has had. It might even put together a good enough resume to merit an at-large bid (although let's not find that out). It should have big ambitions.

This is what we've all been waiting for.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:44 AM