Username Post: Women's basketball 2019
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
04-03-19 09:49 AM - Post#283206    
    In response to DrBison

• DrBison Said:
Definitely a reference to higher up the chain. We don’t seem to reward success and stability, as in DP and Coach Roussell. Also look at lack of scholarships in other men’s sports, 5th year option, etc..

Agree. Fwiw, Roussell was given a new contract less than nine months ago - which presumably was all Bucknell was willing to pay for success in women's basketball. I would have hoped at that time that BU put in a significant buyout provision, but I don't know if they are as proactive in that area as many schools are.
Richmond clearly has more resources than Bucknell, but the gap is not that wide where a significant buyout requirement in Year 1 might have kept him. In any event, Richmond's commitment to athletics certainly is greater.

I wonder if BU at some point during the process had an opportunity to counter-offer. It would likely have required some help from a donor, but there are a few people who might have helped. I don't know if Truax, at this point, is as tapped into those resources as Hardt was.

I hope this isn't a sign that Hardt, who hired a number of good coaches at Bucknell, is going to tap into Bison coaches consistently. That would spare him the work of a major search, and he already knows their salaries and contract terms.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.384 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:20 PM