Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Amaker on College Hoops Today with Jon Rothstein
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
04-15-19 08:02 AM - Post#283630    
    In response to palestra38

On the HCA front, I’m not sure what to tell you. I’ve done empirical research on this, others in the cbball analytics space have done research on this, one book I’ve read in the general sports analytics space even deals with it. HCA doesn’t equal fan support. One fascinating tidbit about HCA, though... as the world shifts to higher and higher 3PA/FGA, HCA is starting to erode a bit.

As for the injuries, that’s less of an empirical argument and more of an opinion, I guess. Interested to hear the argument for losses that were greater than Towns for the year plus Bassey, Juzang and Lewis playing vast stretches either through injury or finally having to miss games with injuries. That’s a former POY, former 1st Teamer and a guy who’d have a defensive POY by now if that award hadn’t become so senior biased. Not only that, Harvard’s marquee win (@St. Mary’s) came without a two-time 1st Teamer, who missed half the season.

For as much as other teams have had injury issues, one other Ivy has had extraordinary injury luck in both years (Penn, then Yale) and that proved too much to overcome. That being said, Harvard’s record against the other Ivy Tourney teams the past two years is a solid 13-3 including a perfect mark road and neutral - that Harvard hasn’t been able to win an unnecessary extra road game each year shouldn’t distract from the dominance they’ve shown in big Ivy games.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:08 PM