Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Coach Banghart
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
05-02-19 09:31 PM - Post#284127    
    In response to rbg

Thanks for sharing. As previously stated, Coach Banghart has been the most successful IL coach, women or men, over the past 10 years by a significant margin. She came into a struggling program and got the Tiger's women on their feet within 3 years. I would be surprised if she does not turn around the Tar Heel program.

She is one of those coaches that can best be described as simply a "winner". She has gifts as to how to handle her players on and off the court. The Tar Heels will be thrilled to have hired her. I always envision the possibility that she could become the first woman to coach a men's Division I program but who knows what will happen over the next several years.

She leaves the Princeton program in very good hands based on her recruiting especially for the upcoming year but she will be very difficult, if not impossible, to replace. She obviously impressed the Tar Heel AD and administration which is no surprise to people that know her.

Some folks in the IL did not like her because she spoke her mind and was not intimidated -- wonderful quality when you can back it up.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.213 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:28 PM