Username Post: Injured Reserve Report
Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
Reg: 11-21-04
06-20-19 03:41 PM - Post#285263    
    In response to TheLine

It’s the biggest tendon in the body—the end point of the quadriceps. So lots of tissue that needs to heal, even after it’s been sewn back up. And that’s leaving aside peripheral damage that can happen if you had a dislocation of the patella as part of the injury.

I assume like me he also required a full open surgery rather than an arthroscopic procedure, which AFAIK isn’t used in patella repairs unless you have a very small partial tear. So there’s a lot more post surgical scar tissue to break down as well in the initial months of rehab.

In fact, I needed a second procedure to address the tissue buildup because it was inhibiting my rehab: manipulation under anaesthesia, which involves the orthopedic surgeon literally bending the knee to break up the scar tissue after they’ve put you under a general.

Edited by Chip Bayers on 06-20-19 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.03 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:08 AM