Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jack Montague
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
07-01-19 02:36 PM - Post#285482    
    In response to palestra38

It strikes me that there are two separate issues that often get blurred by commentators.

The first issue is that an institution such as Yale has a moral and legal responsibility to create an environment where women are not abused by "frat boys" or anyone else. These institutions need to have well spelled out guidelines that are properly communicated to the student population. Yale or any insitution also needs to make sure that they have mechanisms in place to properly and fairly investigate allegations. I have no idea as to what was the climate created by Yale but if they did not properly administer a program, they would be subject to litigation by a woman or women and rightfully so.

As to Montague or any other student, they have a right to due process and receive fair treatment. They are not simply guilty because allegations have been made against them. They have legal rights and there once was the notion that you are presumed innocent unless the facts dictate otherwise. If you have violated a female supported by an unbiased investigation, you should receive the full consequences for your transgressions.

For someone who has been an oversear of this type of litigation, Yale or any other institution better be on their game or they will be spending endowment money to either party.

My issue with some of the comments previously made are a function of rushing to judgement prior to having facts. It is a disservice to all but a growing trend in this country, unfortunately. These are serious and challenging matters that should be treated accordingly.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.695 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:47 PM