Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2020 recruiting
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
07-19-19 08:22 AM - Post#286072    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Zach Martini -

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/2019 /07/nj-loc...

- On July 8, the 6-7 power forward committed to Princeton over a handful of schools - including Brown, Columbia and Yale.

“Princeton was pretty new to my recruiting process, but they took it to a whole different level,” Martini said. "That started with head coach (Mitch) Henderson. The relationship I’ve built with him since April has been great. We talk a lot. In late June, he told me that they were ready to commit and were waiting on me. I took a week and sat on that, talked to my family and everyday the talk came back to Princeton. That’s where I wanted to be.”

During Martini’s talks with the head coach, Henderson compared him to Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green and expects him to play that same role on both ends of the floor for Princeton.

Luckily for Princeton, Green is a player that Martini has modeled his game after for years.

"Coach Henderson wants me to facilitate, run the floor, play the post and stretch the floor at times. On defense, he wants me to be a dog and have the mentality that nobody is going to score on me,” Martini said. “It’s Draymond’s dog mentality that I idolize about his game. He’s ruthless. He has no friends on the court.”

Last season was a breakout year for Martini. He transferred to Gill St. Bernard’s from Rutgers Prep prior to his junior season and increased his stats from 8.2 points and 6.6 rebounds per game to 14.8 points and 11.1 rebounds per game. He also posted 20 double-doubles in 30 games - an increase from just two in 18 games his sophomore year. -
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.923 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:31 PM