Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Non Conference Schedule
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
08-12-19 04:19 PM - Post#286891    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:
The River Hawk Classic is a tournament hosted by UMass-Lowell, a team that is in its seventh year competing at the Division 1 level.

This schedule lacks any oomph. We can't even get a low-level Big Ten team on it? A Pac 10 team? It makes our program feel small—maybe as small as it is right now...

Couldn't we at least play Cameron Krystowiak's dad's University of Utah team?

I thought we'd get a game at Utah at least too. In terms of feeling small, I looked at our program rating on KenPom.com and was crest fallen at how poorly we rate. I believe we were 307 out of 353. That placed us at the bottom of the IVY with the closest school being Brown at 269. So there is basis for your feeling. We operate like a low rated D1 despite being in a highly competitive solidly mid major conference. Honestly I'm kind of shocked the league office hasn't told us to raise our program profile, considering the rest of the league is moving forward.

"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.41 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:06 AM