Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Major Questions for 2019-2020
Penndemonium 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-29-04
08-22-19 07:00 PM - Post#287171    
    In response to Streamers

I re-watched the on-line videos of the Freshmen. They all look pretty good. I guess I have to consider Dingle the favorite to break out since Donahue and nychoops both spoke so highly of him. That said, Jonah Charles also looked very very good. From the videos, he looked similar to Dingle in style and as good.

Lorca Lloyd really filled out since his 2017 videos, and I'd imagine he's even stronger after this summer. I wasn't so sure about him from his 2017-18 videos, but he could be a beast if he continues his apparent trajectory of growth/improvement. He fills a definite need, so he should see the court as a Freshman and definitely as a sophomore.

Monroe looks like an athlete beyond what we are used to. He is still rising when he dunks. My concern is that a lot of great athletes don't build out the skill sets to stand out in college. He's got the athleticism, so he just needs to be good enough with his handles or the shot (and defense) to succeed at the next level.

Martz is a tweener. A bit short and skinny as a forward, a bit slow to be a guard. Some tweeners find a way to build their niche, whereas some struggle. If he can shoot off of screens as well as he showed on the videos and defend college players, then I am optimistic for him.

I like this class quite a bit.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.04 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:07 AM