Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Red & Blue Scrimmage
LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
10-19-19 03:07 PM - Post#288790    
    In response to Streamers

Sorry you didn't make it, Steve. It was good being back in the old place, but it's tough to take very much from the scrimmage. Dingle didn't play, but Wang and Betley both put in significant minutes. Michael definitely looks more ready than Ryan. He ran well, looked smooth on a baseline three pointer, and stepped into a pass for a thunderous baseline drive-dunk. Ryan seemed rusty and didn't appear to be playing all that hard. Bryce hit at least 3 threes that I can remember, but freshman Jonah Charles had four point plays on consecutive possessions! The most impressive freshman was Lucas Monroe from that great Abington team. He's bigger than I expected - same height as Eddie Scott with a broader frame - and has a pretty advanced game for a rookie. AJ showed a very soft touch on his jump hook around the rim and looks primed for a great senior season. Soph Griffin Ryan has a sharp shooting touch, but I wonder if he'll be able to get his shot off against a real defense.

Oh, and how could I forget Mark Jackson who had an entire career in a single scrimmage? A dozen or so points and a few rebounds over AJ, but I doubt we'll see any meaningful minutes from his this year.

By the way, Antonio Woods was sitting in the stands with a ball in his hands looking like he wished he had another year of eligibility. He's not the only one who feels that way.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:50 AM