Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Thoughts
Anonymous 

02-03-05 12:57 PM - Post#2894    
    In response to palestra38

Yeah, I have no idea what the heck Joe Scott does with his players. I couldn't pick him out of a lineup of two. I was merely going with the sentiment expressed on here by other Princetonians. I think berate is a fine word though, of course, Bobby Knight is probably a poor choice for comparison. You'll also note that I said Princeton would win the league, so this isn't a case of me just stirring the pot. I simply objected to TigerDave's quote about little patience. I think it's fair to say that Scott yells alot at his players, and it might be fair to say (At least based on some Princeton posters; if not, correct me) that he rarely offers praise.

I can't work under those conditions and I don't think students should have to, regardless of whether it might produce a title. If I'm Will Venable, I'm thinking, "Hey, I know how to win a title, I already did, under much different conditions. Now some guy is gonna stroll in who I did NOT agree to play for, and start yelling at me? Forget this." Now, you could say that he could quit, but that's not in a warrior like Venable's nature. But that doesn't make what Scott does correct. Look, I know it's difficult for Princetonians to agree with me about anything, but I have a point here, whether it pains you to admit it or not.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.158 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:04 AM