Username Post: Thoughts
BRHPr91 
goober
BRHPr91
Loc: Rochester, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-03-05 12:59 PM - Post#2895    
    In response to palestra38

In regard to the Tierney comments, his first year at Princeton was also my freshman year there, and I knew more than one classmate who quit the team "because the coach was a [insert expletive here]. Andy Moe was one of the freshmen who did stick it out; he took a year off during college (as did I) and then, during our senior year at Franklin Field, he scored the overtime goal that beat Syracuse to win the national championship, completing a stunning five-year turnaround from that initial 2-13 season.

The difference, of course, is that the only person who had high expectations when Tierney arrived was Tierney himself. Still, I see many parallels between Scott and Tierney (and Carril), and I personally don't have ANY problem with that style of coaching. I said it during the Carril years, and I'll say it here now: there are more than 300 other Division I schools you can play at if all you want is to play for a guy who'll pat you on the back and tell you how great you are.
The fans may or may not like a lot of passing, but I know they don't like losing. -- Pete Carril

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.334 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:13 PM