BRHPr91 
goober
BRHPr91
Loc: Rochester, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-03-05 06:38 PM - Post#2903    
    In response to sparman

Quote:

I disagree regarding Tierney's behavior, at least as regards conduct directed at referees. I'm not saying I object to arguments or voicing strong opinions, but if you watch the games you see someone who complains so loudly and so often he either doesn't seem to have an awareness of his actions, or to care. He's not alone in this among the lacrosse coaching fraternity, but that doesn't make it more palatable to me. Overall I think he's excellent but IMO it's just as important for a coach to set a good example in handling adversity on the field as it is to push players to do their best.

Personally, I'm more concerned with whether a coach (in any sport) engages in questionable recruiting practices and/or turns a blind eye to steroid use among his players than I am with whether a coach appears likely to burst a blood vessel on the sidelines (so long as said coach doesn't physically assault his players or the referees, as Knight did).

I'm not saying any coaches in any sport in the league have done that, but I think it's important to recognize such inappropriate conduct when it occurs, whether you're winning or not, and regardless of where your allegiances lie...
The fans may or may not like a lot of passing, but I know they don't like losing. -- Pete Carril

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.263 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:27 AM