Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Monmouth
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-14-19 06:06 AM - Post#294635    
    In response to Go Green

I just watched the game for the first time, before reading the comments. I saw some of the same things as others, with some things jumping out.

1) Wright played a heck of a second half. He was all over the place, making steals, drawing fouls, mixing it up.
2) The Tigers had many, many good looks from three. If they had merely shot poorly instead of terribly they would have won the game.
3) For two seasons now, Princeton has been playing man-to-man on the basis of "make them throw one more pass," without consistent success. They just are not able to play that way possession in and possession out, especially when they substitute. When they apply any kind of ball pressure, bring a double, or jump a passing lane, on the other hand, they look a lot better, often even when they don't force a turnover, because they're able to scramble and recover and the opponent gets thrown out of rhythm. I would like to see more zone and more defensive variation to confuse the offense, also.
4) Given the poor outside shooting, I liked the interior passing we saw when help defenders converged in the lane as an alternative to the kick-out. When your man leaves you to help on the ball, a hard cut to the basket will often screw up their rotation and you will get a clean inside look.
5) The team just looked tense to me on the sideline throughout most of the game, like they were suffering or expecting to lose. I didn't see much vocal leadership among the players, although perhaps I missed what is really going on.
6) Llewelyn was back to having trouble on his drives to the basket, getting the ball knocked away or missing the layup quite a few times. But given the way those around him were shooting from outside, him forcing the issue was understandable. Aririguzoh can't be expected to do it every time down the floor.

This group has shown flashes of very good play, but they don't look like they know how to keep it up throughout a game.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.218 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:13 AM