Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tape
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
12-21-19 09:47 AM - Post#295063    
    In response to Tod Howard Hawks

Hey, not only do I have a Penn BA, but a Columbia JD, and that was Columbia Law at its absolute height, with RBG, John Coffee, Gerard Lynch, Willis Reese, Benno Schmidt, E. Allan Farnsworth, I could go on and on.

I know something about name. I also know that US News rankings are not worth the toilet paper they are written on--they are no more "scientific" than these "Best Lawyers" or "Best Doctors" ratings that you see everywhere. If you think you can't get a great education at Virginia Tech because it is not rated as highly as Columbia (and you seem to think Tape won't get his BA from CU--HE WILL), you indeed are arrogant. And you can get a really good job with a Masters from that school, as well as USC or Arizona. You seem to reside in a world from the 1950s, where all that matters is name. I'm not saying name doesn't open doors but it's what you do with it after the door is open that matters. And to cast aspersions on Tape for thinking about getting a free post-graduate education because the schools are not ranked to your liking is....(I'll be kind)....ridiculous.

Keep the argument to how he was recruited--that's a fair criticism. Where you took it to is not.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.213 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:30 AM