Username Post: @ harvard
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
02-16-20 01:18 PM - Post#300366    
    In response to FLBB

• FLBB Said:
As I've posted before, for Cornell to be good they need players who : 1) Could have went and played at a higher or same level coming out of high school / prep / Junior College 2) Develop to the point that after 2 years could play at a higher level than they were recruited at. Right now Boeheim is the only p[layer that fits either category. He's grown two inches and become more athletic through the weight room since entering. Earl's "confidence" in himself and his system led to him recruiting players who no one else thought could be starters at this level ..... everyone else was right.

Cornell needs better players, that's been apparent for years, but are you really claiming that Earl is deliberately avoiding higher-rated players to make a point about his system? That seems insane.

I'm not arguing that Earl is a good recruiter because the available evidence states that he isn't. But I can't believe he is deliberately making his job harder to prove some kind of point.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:16 PM