Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women -- IL Play
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
02-25-20 11:02 PM - Post#301771    
    In response to welcometothejungle

Spent a fair amount of time on the floor to try to better understand why the Tigers are so good as they were playing Top 50 competition tonight.

It certainly helps to have talent and the Tigers do have a late 1st round WNBA draft pick at 6'5" plus Littlefield has a real gift for the game at PG even shooting 1-11 tonight. But Penn has a lot of talent especially Padilla but they also have several other good players.

Why? Although Penn played hard, the Tiger's intensity level was off the charts. Total domination of the boards, contesting every pass and every shot with few exceptions. Why? My best guess is that it is simply a function of how well Carla and her staff teaches the players how to play defense plus being able to connect with her players. I watched her constructively get into Carlie's face when she made a poor defensive play at the end of the 1st half even being up by 21 pts. Coach has a gift and gives the team confidence and a mission.

Great teams are always fun to watch.

I was sitting with some Quakerite fans when the score was 7-6 and they were pretty confident but one could tell that the Tigers were mentally and physically at a very high level from the opening tap.

Tigers moved up from 14 to 11 on Nolan and Penn moved up from 52 to 46 with the loss. The caliber of IL women's play this season is helping all teams from a rpi perspective.

Do the Tigers have an opportunity to make a run at the NCAAW tournament - perhaps but they still have to improve significantly on the offensive end. Time will tell.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:20 PM