Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
03-09-20 12:53 PM - Post#303761    
    In response to HGA

Bears will go from a senior backcourt to a Soph. backcourt of Friday and Cowan. Although I also heard some good things of Meren, who will enter as a Jr. with 2 years left. Starting 5 c/b Friday, Cowan, Choh, Mitchell, Gainey. That's a very good defensive group. Meren and recruit Taylor from Mt. Herman will bolster the backcourt and add offense. Some of the present frontcourt bench may develop during the offseason. But Martin would be very fortunate to land a 6-9 240 type of recruit to add size and strength to compliment Gainey. Nadur (6-8) from Cushing Academy, and offered by URI, should help. But true Bigs have been a rare commodity for the Bears over the years. Perhaps a new gym/facility would lure one to the East Side.

It's hard to believe the Pitz turned 31 years old in 2020. I recall the dedication, when the late great sports writer Frank Deford spoke. Marvel Gym was home from 1927 to 1988. We shouldn't wait 61 years to replace the Pitz. The time is right. We have an excellent coach who is also an alum. Also, Brown and the Ivies have made entrance to the league much less costly, even virtually free, for many lower and middle class kids the league had no chance of landing years ago. I don't see that ever reverting. The Green created at the front of the athletic complex is nice. But that real estate is much too valuable. Build a 3200 seat basketball facility, market the men's and women's teams properly and aggressively, and provide a facility that will put us on par with the top teams in the league. Time to think big and make a bold move. And add some parking, as well. It's getting tougher on the older folks to get to a game.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.508 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:45 PM