Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Events & COVID-19
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
03-10-20 09:50 AM - Post#303886    
    In response to palestra38

The threat is not just from contaminated surfaces, although even there frequent cleaning can mitigate. It is from physical contact (i.e., hand shaking) as well as if someone sweats/sneezes/coughs near you.

It's just common sense not to have large groupings of folks, since adherence to the rules above becomes more and more challenging the more folks there are in close proximity within a given area.

• palestra38 Said:
I understand your feeling---you are in ground zero of a contagion patch. But the vast majority of people are not. I don't know where you can draw the line and determine that the threat is over, not that we have any real idea what the true threat of serious illness is. We need some common sense. I am not at all sure that anything will stop the spread of the virus--we're not closing bars and restaurants, where the risk is much greater due to food and drink preparation. If the real threat is from contaminated surfaces, as it appears to be, and people are smart about not going in public if they have symptoms of this disease, prohibiting public events is overkill. Either we close everything or leave it up to the individual. Because it's here---our chance to stop it at the borders was blown sky high.

Edited by penn nation on 03-10-20 09:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.075 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:45 PM