Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ranking Next Year’s Recruits
mobrien 
Junior

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
04-12-20 01:44 PM - Post#306159    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

I'm 35 and my wife is 31. For me, it started out with eye pain and muscle aches in my legs that later that night proceeded to a low-grade fever of 100.7. The shortness of breath started two days after that, and has only completely gone away in the last few days, over three weeks since onset. Except for the eye pain, my wife had similar symptoms, although she also had a bunch that I didn't: she lost her sense of smell and taste, almost completely lost her appetite, experienced some nausea, and just felt incredibly fatigued overall.

In our experience, this thing comes in waves. Our symptoms were bad the first four days, almost completely disappeared two days after that, but then came back, although not quite as bad, around Day Seven or Eight. Aside from the shortness of breath, I was all better by Day Ten or so.

If you have a pulse oximeter, it's about to become your new best friend—although a word of caution there. I saw a story in Stat that some doctors have noticed that covid-19 patients can often have blood oxygen levels that indicate they should be dead despite mostly feeling and doing fine; that was definitely true in my case. I'd get a lot of readings that would start in the low 90s and, after a few minutes, make their way up to 97 or 98. But this continued even after all my other symptoms were gone, and sometimes I'd get pretty terrible readings despite feeling like I was getting the normal amount of air. The worst I got started out at 74, 82, and 88. My college roommate, who's a doctor, thought that the oximeter had to be off, because this continued well past the point when all my other symptoms were gone, but I don't think it was. My wife, who got sick first and recovered sooner, was getting straight 98s once all her other symptoms were gone. It's only in the last few days that I've started getting completely normal blood oxygen levels right away. So I'd say an oximeter is a big help, but you have to combine it with how you feel to decide whether it's time to go in to the ER or not.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.105 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:05 AM