Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2020 Recruiting
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
04-16-20 02:02 PM - Post#306285    
    In response to SomeGuy

That article seems to have some old information (for instance, AI isn't calculated that way anymore) and some oddly worded information (each team's average doesn't have to be within one SD of the campus average - rather... the overall average of the non-football athletes needs to be within one SD of the average).

The part that does align with my understanding is that, generally, teams are given an AI average target to hit that will contribute to the overall athletic department hitting its assigned AI average. That process isn't mandated by the rules (only hitting the AI average within one SD of the mean is) but seems to be the common practice of how Ivies get to that number.

SomeGuy - not entirely sure the answer to your question... it would be weird to me that someone would get into an Ivy below the floor with D-I skills that wouldn't have been on the recruiting radar and thus coded as an athletic recruit. Entirely possible to admit for other reasons, though I have to imagine they'd be Ivy ineligible as a freshman (not sure if there's a way to "earn" your way in after that). Typically, Ivies handle those cases by stashing them in the NEPSAC for a year.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:30 AM