Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Matteus Case
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
04-24-20 03:03 PM - Post#306627    
    In response to Penndemonium

I guess Case doesn’t look like a tweener to me offensively — his game seems like a pretty pure 2 guard. The other guys you mention all are/were too small to play the position they played in high school as a college player. At least that is how I define tweener. I also don’t see the problem for Case to fit into Donahue’s offense. The couple of mid range floaters will come out, but otherwise it seems like an easy fit shooting 3s and getting to the basket if/when he can. Since i’m Kind of old fashioned in what I value, I preferred the first Tape with no dunks — I liked the various adjustments to finish around the basket.

One tweener who didn’t really put it together for Penn, since you got me thinking about it, was Duane King. Played center in high school, if i remember correctly, but was a thin 6’4. It may be meaningful that Belcore, Pierce, and Scott all in the end kind of played up a position despite being undersized. May be easier than teaching a kid a whole new position.

Zoller might fit here too. My memory is that he was viewed by the services as a 6’5 small forward, and the fact he was an interior player in high school may have reduced recruiting interest. He went right on playing the interior. Grandieri was an even more extreme case.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:30 AM